PRODUCT USED: Saha Butter Chicken Base
ATTRIBUTES: Comfort food, chicken, main course, snack
PREP TIME: 15 mins (up to overnight for marinating); COOKING TIME: 20 mins
- 8 pieces bone-in chicken (4 drums, 4 thighs)
- vegetable oil for frying
- 5 cups all purpose flour
- 5 tbsp (75 ml salt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) corn starch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground coriander
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cardamom
- 1 cup (250 ml) Saha Butter Chicken Base
- 1 cup (250 ml) coconut milk
- Preheat oil in a large, heavy sauce pan or deep frier over medium heat to 375 ºC.
- In a large shallow dish, combine the Saha Butter Chicken base and coconut milk and stir until well combined. Add the chicken to this mixture, cover and set aside for 1-2 hours, or up to overnight.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornstarch and spices and stir until well combined.
- Piece by piece, take the marinated chicken and coat it thoroughly in the flour mixture.
- Gently lay each piece of chicken in the hot oil, being careful not to crowd the pan. Fry in batches if necessary.
- Fry the chicken for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and well browned.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and let drain for 5-10 minutes.