Butter Chicken Meatball Sandwich
ATTRIBUTES: Comfort food, lunch, dinner
PRODUCT USED: Saha Butter Chicken Base
PREP TIME: 15-20 minutes COOK TIME: 15-20 minutes
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Saha Butter Chicken Base™
- 1 egg
- 1 lb (454 g) ground chicken
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 14 oz (390 ml) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Butter Chicken Base™
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) heavy cream
- 1 large baguette, quartered
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- For the meatballs, add the bread crumbs, cream, egg, and Saha Butter Chicken Base™ in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Gently fold in the ground chicken and salt until well mixed.
- Roll the mixture into even sized balls approximately 2 inches in diameter.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 2-3 minutes or until well browned on all sides. If the skillet is too crowded, work in batches.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and set aside. Add the tomatoes, cream and the Saha Butter Chicken Base™ and stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the meatballs back to the pan and increase the heat to high. Bring the sauce to a boil and reduce the heat to low and let simmer. Cover the pan and let the meatballs cook for a further 5-7 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Turn the broiler on the oven to high. Slice the quartered baguette sections lengthwise and set on s tray. Place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until toasted and golden brown.
- Lay two slices of provolone on the bottom sections of the baguette quarters. place an even number of meatballs onto the cheese covered baguette and top with more sauce. Garnish with chopped cilantro, cover with the top section of baguette and serve.