Saha Kofta Kebabs with Tzatziki
ATTRIBUTES: Lunch, dinner, healthy, ready in under 30 minutes
PRODUCT USED: Saha Lahmajoun Base™
PREP TIME: 30 minutes COOK TIME: 8-10 minutes
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground beef or lamb
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Lahmajoun Base™
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 cup (250 ml) greek or balkan style yoghurt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt, divided
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 15 minutes before continuing.
- In a medium stainless steel bowl, combine the Saha Lahmajoun Base™, ground lamb and one teaspoon (5 ml) of salt.
- Mix until well combined.
- Line a tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Using approximately 1/3 cup (60 ml) of the lamb mixture at a time, mold the meat mixture around the soaked skewers to form a long cylindrical shape. Cover the skewers with plastic wrap and move to the fridge for 20-30 minutes or until well set.
- While the skewers are set aside in the fridge, grate the cucumber and toss with the remaining teaspoon (5 ml) of salt. Transfer this mixture to a sieve to drain liquid for five to ten minutes.
- In a medium stainless steel bowl, combine the grated cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic, chopped parsley and chopped mint.
- Mix until well combined. Taste and add salt if desired. Transfer to a serving bowl and set aside.
- Heat a grill pan over medium heat or prepare a grill. Brush the pan lightly with cooking oil. Grill the kebabs, turning gently every 2-3 minutes, or until well browned and cooked through. Work in batches if necessary. The total cooking time about be about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve the kofta and tzatziki with grilled pita and salad.