PRODUCT USED: SAHA THAI RED CURRY BASE
Prep Time: 30 mins; Cooking Time: 2 hour
- 1 kg pork loin
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plus 1 tbsp (15 mL) Saha Thai Red Curry Base
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 can (400 mL) coconut milk, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, or any other cooking oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl add marinade to pork loin and massage to cover all sides. Cover and refrigerate for 45 min-1 hour.
2. Transfer marinated pork to a skillet or roasting pan and place in the oven for 20 mins. Reduce heat to 350 F and continue roasting for 40 mins, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 155 F.
3. Combine rice, 1 cup of coconut milk, 1 cup of water and salt in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover, remove from the heat, and set aside for 20-22 mins.
4. Cook the broccoli in a large pot of boiling, salted water for 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
5. Drain the broccoli in a colander and return the pot to the heat. Over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of oil and cook the garlic for approximately one minute or until softened, but not browned.
6. Add the broccoli and saute for 2-3 minutes or until well coated and slightly browned. Remove pot from the heat.
7. Return the roast pan to the flame and over high heat, add one further tablespoon of curry base and the remaining coconut milk. Stir together with a wooden spoon while scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan into the sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Set aside.
8. Toss the rice with the scallions and portion amongst the plates. Slice the pork and add it and a portion of the broccoli to each plate.
9. Drizzle the coconut curry sauce over each plate and serve.