ATTRIBUTES: lunch, dinner
PRODUCT USED: Saha Caribbean Green Seasoning Marinade™
PREP TIME: 10-12 minutes COOK TIME: 40-45 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper. diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Caribbean Green Seasoning Marinade™
- 18 oz (540 ml) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) tomato paste
- 1 lb (450 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pimento stuffed green olives, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) capers
- 6-8 small potatoes, quartered (could use one large potato cut into 1 inch cubes)
- In a large stainless steel bowl, combine the ground beef and Saha Caribbean Green Seasoning Marinade and mix until well combined. Set aside to marinate while you start the rest of the recipe.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, gently heat the olive oil. Add the diced onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently for 5-7 minutes or until the onion is translucent and the peppers have softened.
- Add the marinated ground beef and cook, stirring frequently to break up the chunks, for 5-7 minutes or until the beef has browned slightly.
- Add the tomato paste and stir until well combined. Next, add the white wine and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the wine has reduced slightly.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and quartered potatoes and stir until well combined. Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and the potatoes have softened.
- Uncover the pan and stir in the raisins, olives and capers. Continue to simmer for a further 5-7 minutes or until the mixture has thickened slightly.
- Check the seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with white rice.