Mussels are amongst the easiest things to cook out there and they’re a perfect fit with coconut milk and the delicate flavours of Thai-style curries. Here are some ideas to use our Thai curry bases to create some simple but delicious meals that will impress and delight everyone at your table!
Yields approx. 4 servings
- 3 lbs live mussels, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Massaman Curry Base™
- 1 can (400 ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml ml) seafood or vegetable stock, or water
- 1 medium potato, diced (approx. 1 cm dice)
- 1 medium tomato, diced (approx. 1 cm dice)
- 1/2 cup of coarsely chopped fresh cilantro, lightly packed
in a medium sized dutch oven over high heat, combine the potatoes, the coconut milk and the Saha Massaman Curry Base™ and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover the pot. Let this simmer for four to five minute, or until the potatoes have softened. Add the mussels to the pot and continue to cook for a further four or five minutes, or until the mussels have opened (discard any which remain closed). Stir in the tomatoes and cilantro, divide the contents evenly over four shallow bowls and serve with rice or some crusty bread.