ATTRIBUTES: Vegetarian, Healthy, Quick, Fresh
PRODUCT USED: Saha Shish Taouk Marinade
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 4-5 minutes
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Saha Shish Taouk Marinade, divided
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh basil leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) crumbled goat cheese
- 6-8 slices fresh bread cut into thick (3/4 inch) slices
- Turn oven to broil. Cut tomatoes into 1 inch chunks and set aside. Cut the cucumber lengthwise into quarters and then slice thinly horizontally.
- In the bottom of a large mixing bow, combine two tablespoons of both the Saha Shish Taouk Marinade and olive oil and mix until well blended.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion to the bowl and mix until well coated. Set aside for at least ten to fifteen minutes.
- Mix the remaining Saha Shish Taouk Marinade and olive oil until well combined and then brush the slices of bread liberally with the mixture. Broil for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Tear the basil leaves in medium sized pieces and add half of them to the tomato mixture and mix until well combined.
- Divide the toasted bread between plates and top with the tomato mixture. Garnish with the reserved basil leaves and crumbled goat cheese.