Saha Savoury Cheese Bread
PRODUCT USED: Saha Shish Taouk Marinade
ATTRIBUTES: Vegetarian, Comfort Food
PREP TIME: 10-15 minutes; COOKING TIME: 50-60 minutes
SERVES - 8-10
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) all purpose flour
- 5 tbsp (75 ml) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Shish Taouk Marinade
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 2% milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) green onions, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (500 ml) grated cheddar cheese, divided
Preheat oven to 350°F. Take one tbsp of butter and spread it over in inside of a 9"x5" loaf pan. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined. Take 4 tbsp of butter and melt it over gentle heat or in a microwave. Set aside to cool, but do not refrigerate.
- Gently fold the scallions and 1 3/4 cups of the grated cheese into the flour mixture until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the melted butter, eggs, milk and Shish Taouk Marinade until well combined.
- Form a well in the centre of the flour mixture and pout the liquid ingredients into the well. Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Transfer this mixture to the greased loaf pan and spread it evenly throughout. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese on top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes, or until the loaf springs back when gentle pressed and skewer inserters into the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 8-10 minutes. Then remove the bread from the pan and leave to cool completely on the rack.