ATTRIBUTES: Vegetarian, bakery, snack, meal
PREP TIME: 10 minutes; COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
- 3 cups (750 ml) all purpose flour
- 5 tsp (25 ml) baking powder
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup (250 ml) Saha Chana Masala Base
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 ºF and place the butter in the refrigerator or freezer for at least ten minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking powder and mix until well combined.
- With a box grater, grate the butter into the flour mixture and toss until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg and Saha Chana Masala Base thoroughly.
- Form a well in the flour mixture and pour the egg mixture into the well. Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour and egg mixture together until uniform.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead briefly. Form the dough into a rounded slab approximately 1 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into eight equal wedges and move these to a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.