ATTRIBUTES: appetizer, lunch, dinner
PRODUCT USED: Saha Shish Taouk Marinade™
PREP TIME: 10-15 minutes COOK TIME: 15-20 minutes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Shish Taouk Marinade™
- 1 cup (250 ml) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 lb (450g) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup cup (60 ml) parsley, coarsely chopped
- small baguette, cut in 1 cm thick rounds
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, gently heat the olive oil. Add the diced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onion is translucent and softened.
- Add the Saha Shish Taouk Marinade™, crushed tomatoes and salt. Continue to cook, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes or until well combined and slightly thickened.
- Increase the heat to high and add the shrimp and white wine. Stir until well combined and then cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the slightly thickened and the shrimp are partially cooked.
- Add the crumbled feta and halved tomatoes and cover the pan again. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp and pink and cooked through. The feta and tomatoes should be slightly softened.
- Uncover the pan and remove it from the heat. Transfer the contents of the pan to a warmed serving dish. Sprinkle the shrimp mixture with the chopped parsley and serve with sliced baguette.