Tandoori Bread Pudding
Saha Savoury Bread Pudding
PRODUCT USED: Saha Tandoori Marinade
PREP TIME: 35 minutes; COOKING TIME: 45-50 minutes
SERVES - 8-10
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces (240 g) bread cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 ounces (150 g) baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) goat cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Tandoori Marinade
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) black olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grape tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly oil a medium baking dish. Spread the bread cubes on a baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until dry but not browned.
- In a large bowl, whisk the Saha Tandoori Marinade with the eggs and beat until well combined. Add the milk and continue to blend until a uniform mixture is formed.
- Add the bread cubes, olives, tomatoes, half of the goat cheese and spinach to the egg mixture and fold together until the bread is evenly moistened and everything is well mixed.
- Transfer the bread mixture to the baking dish and let stand for 15-20 minutes or until the bread has absorbed the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the remaining goat cheese on the bread pudding and bake in the centre of the oven for about 45-50 minutes, or until risen and set. Turn on the broiler. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and broil for about 2-3 minutes, or until the bread pudding is golden and crisped.