Curried Quinoa Salad with Kale and Currents
PRODUCT USED: Saha Chana Masala Base
ATTRIBUTES: Vegetarian, vegan, salad, side-dish, main course
PREP TIME: 15 minutes; COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry quinoa
- 1 small bunch kale, thinly sliced through the stem
- 1 cup grape tomatos, halved
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Chana Masala Base
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) dried currants
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) slivered almonds
- Combine the quinoa with 2 cups (500 ml) of cold water in a sauce pan with a lid. Bring to a boil and then cover the pan and set aside for 17-20 minutes or until the quinoa is softened.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked quinoa with the kale, onions, tomatoes, currents and almonds until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar, oil and Saha Chana Masala Base and whisk until uniform.
- Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss until well combined. Taste and add salt and pepper to adjust the seasoning.