Pan Roasted Halibut with Tandoori Tomato Ragout
PRODUCT USED: Saha Tandoori Masala Marinade
ATTRIBUTES: Fish, main course
PREP TIME: 15 minutes; COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- 4 5oz (150 g) halibut fillets
- 5-6 medium ripe tomatos
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Saha Tandoori Masala Marinade
- 1 cup (250 ml) basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) canola oil
- Fill a medium sauce pan with water and bring to a boil.
- Fill a large bowl with cold water and add ice cubes.
- With paring knife, make a small ”x” in the end of each tomato opposite from the stem.
- Place the scored tomatoes in the boiling water for 30 second to a minute and then quickly transfer them to the bowl of ice water.
- Peel the tomatoes and cut into a large dice.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium low heat. Saute the diced onion for 2-3 minutes or until softened and translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the liquid from the tomatoes is partially evaporated and the tomatoes still have some texture. Add the Saha Tandoori Base to the tomatoes and toss until well combined. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat the canola oil in a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the halibut fillets with salt and pepper on both sides and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, or until the edges of the fillets begin to brown.
- Let the fish rest in the pan while you add the basil to the the tomato sauce and toss until well combined.
- Spoon a portion of the tomato sauce onto the plate and top with a halibut fillet. Garnish with fresh basil and serve.