Roasted Vegetable Curried Quinoa Bowl
PRODUCT USED: Saha Chana Masala Base
PREP TIME: 10-15 minutes; COOKING TIME: 20-25 minutes
- 1 cup (250 ml) quinoa
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) canola oil, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Chana Masala Base, divided
- 2 cups (500 ml) broccoli florets
- 2 cups (500 ml) cauliflower florets
- 1 small sweet potato, curt into 1/4" rounds
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) canned chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh basil, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. In a medium saucepan with a tight fitting lid, combined one cup of quinoa with 1 1/3 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook covered for 15-17 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit covered for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Cover a sheet pan completely with a piece of parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine one tbsp of canola oil with 1/4 cup of the Saha Chana Masala Base. Add the cauliflower and broccoli florets to the bowl and toss until well combined. Spread the broccoli and cauliflower evenly out over half of the parchment covered sheet pan. Add another tbsp of canola oil and the remainder of the Chana Masala Base to the bowl. Add the sweet potato and chick peas to the bowl, toss until well coated and then spread evenly over the remaining half of the sheet pan.
- Move the sheet pan to the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften. Flip the sweet potato slices and toss the chickpeas to encourage even cooking. Roast for a further 10-12 minutes and then remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, chickpeas, broccoli, cauliflower, and sweet potato. Julienne the basil and set on top. Drizzle the olive oil and and lime juice over the contents of the bowl.
- Toss the ingredients until well combined and then taste and adjust the salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture evenly into bowls and serve.