Saha Shish Taouk Minestrone Soup
PRODUCT USED: Saha Shish Taouk Marinade
ATTRIBUTES: Vegetarian/vegan, gluten free, Insta Pot Required
PREP TIME: 15 minutes; COOKING TIME: 10-15 minutes
SERVES - 6-8
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 16 ounce can (540 ml) kidney beans
- 1 28 ounce can (796 ml) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups (1.5 L) water or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Shish Taouk Marinade
- 2 tsp (10 ml) red wine vinegar
- 3 cups (750 ml) baby salad greens (kale, chard, arugula etc.), lightly packed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the onion, carrot, celery and zucchini into a medium (approximately 1 cm square) dice.
- Turn your Instant Pot on to "saute" then add the olive oil to the pot and cook the onion, carrot, celery and zucchini for two to three minutes or until softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, bay leaf, water or vegetable stock and Saha Shish Taouk Marinade. Turn the Instant Pot to the "high pressure" function and set the timer for five minutes.
- Quick release the pressure and add in the red wine vinegar and the greens. Stir and let the greens wilt in the soup for about 60 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the soup into bowls and garnish generously with the parmesan cheese.