Here’s a recipe for the soup we sampled at Soupalicious for all those who asked for it. Enjoy!
Yields 2 litres
- 2 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 2-3 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 5-6 medium white potatoes, peeled, washed and quartered
- 1.5 litres vegetable stock or water
- 4 oz (125 mL) Saha™ Lahmajoun Pizza Base
- salt to taste
- 1 cup (250 mL) plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped mint
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped parsley
Heat the oil in a medium sized dutch oven over medium heat. Add the sliced onions and cook, stirring frequently for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the onions are soft and translucent.
Add the potatoes and water, then increased the heat to high. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Remove the dutch oven form the heat and allow to cool slightly before pureeing. Working in small batches, transfer the mixture to a blender and purée until smooth.
Add the Saha Lahmajoun® sauce and whisk until well combined.
Combine the yoghurt with the chopped herbs and stir until well combined.
Return the soup to the dutch oven, bring to a boil and ladle into bowls. Garnish with the yoghurt and herb mixture.