Saha Spicy Squash and Bean Soup
PRODUCT USED: Saha Green Seasoning Marinade
ATTRIBUTES: Vegetarian/vegan, gluten free, Insta Pot Required
PREP TIME: 15 minutes; COOKING TIME: 30-35 minutes
SERVES - 4-6
This healthy and comforting soup is perfect for warming up after being out in the cold and having an Instant Pot means you don't have to plan way ahead in order to make it! This is a vegan recipe as it stands, but if you want to stretch it out or make it a little more hearty, add cooked chicken, sausage or meatballs to the finished soup.
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 8 ounces (250 g) dried white navy beans, soaked overnight
- 4 cups (1 L) water or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Green Seasoning Marinade
- 1 cup, (250 ml) butternut squash, diced
- 2 cups (500 ml) Swiss chard, chopped and lightly packed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot on to "saute" then add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the pot and cook the onion, carrot and celery for two to three minutes or until softened.
- Add the soaked white beans, vegetable stock and Saha Green Seasoning Marinade. Turn the Instant Pot to the "pressure" function and set the timer for fifteen minutes. The beans should be almost soft, but have a slight bite to them.
- Quick release the pressure and add in the butternut squash. Select the pressure cook setting again and cook for a further 10 minutes, allowing the pressure to release naturally. Stir in the Swiss chard and let it cook in the hot soup. If the soup is too thick, add some more water or stock to reach the consistency you desire. If the beans aren't yet fully soft, pressure cook for a further 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve generous portions of this soup and try to make sure that everyone has some beautiful colour from the chard stems in their bowl!