Butter Chicken Base Vegan Chilli
ATTRIBUTES: Vegan, vegetarian, comfort food,
no added sugar, beans/legumes, main course (omit toasts for gluten free)
PREP TIME: 15 mins; COOKING TIME: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) onion, diced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) carrot, diced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) celery, diced
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Butter Chicken base
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1 cup (250 ml) Tomato puree or prepared tomato sauce
- 1 can mixed beans/legumes (540 ml), drained
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small baguette, cut in rounds (optional)
- Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery and red bell pepper and saute for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the Saha Butter Chicken base, tomato sauce, water and drained beans and stir until well combined.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until thickened to your taste.
- Brush the baguette rounds with olive oil and toast in a toaster, toaster oven or under the broiler for 1-2 minutes to until golden brown.
- Divide the chilli into bowls and garnish with the green onions and toasted baguette rounds.