Seafood and Sausage Paella
ATTRIBUTES: Comfort food, lunch, dinner
PRODUCT USED: Saha Shish Taouk Marinade™
PREP TIME: 10-15 minutes COOK TIME: 25-30 minutes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Shish Taouk Marinade™
- 1 medium dried chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 cups (500 ml) Arborio rice
- 3 cups (750 ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen peas
- 10-12 large shrimp
- 16-20 small to medium clams
- 1/2 cup cup (125 ml) coarsely chopped parsley
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, gently heat the olive oil. Add the diced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onion is translucent and softened.
- Add the sliced chorizo and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until slightly browned and leaching a reddish oil.
- Add the rice and stir well until every grain is coated. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the rice is toasted and some grains are slightly browned.
- Add the wine, stock, salt and Saha Shish Taouk Marinade™ and stir until well combined. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat so that the mixture is simmering. Cover the pan and cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Halfway through this cooking, lay the shrimp over the rice mixture and return the lid to the pan. After 3-4 minutes, remove the lid and flip the shrimp over. Cover again and cook for a further 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- In a separate pan with a tight fitting lid, add the approximately 1 inch of water and the clams. Bring the water to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the clams have opened. Discard any clams that do not open.
- Add the peas, halved tomatoes and half of the chopped parsley to the rice mixture. Stir until well combined. Divide the rice among bowls and arrange the clams on top. Garnish with the rest of the chopped parsley.