ATTRIBUTES: Vegan, vegetarian, soup, starter, main course
PREP TIME: 10 minutes; COOKING TIME: 35 minutes
- 3-4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into 1 inch cubes.
- 4 cups (1 L) water or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Tandoori Masala Marinade
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until onion is translucent and softened.
- Add the sweet potatoes, water/coconut milk, salt, and Saha Tandoori Marinade and stir until well combined.
- Increase the heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and quite tender.
- Working in batches, transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Return the mixture to the pot, taste and add salt and pepper to adjust the seasoning.