Tandoori Stuffed Squash
ATTRIBUTES: Lunch, Dinner, Vegetarian, Vegan (optional)
PRODUCT USED: Saha Tandoori Marinade™
PREP TIME: 10-15 minutes COOK TIME: 45-50 minutes
- 2 small acorn squash
- 1/2 cups (125 ml) cous cous
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cups (125 ml) Saha Tandoori Marinade™
- 2 cups (500 ml) baby spinach, lightly packed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 14 oz (400 ml) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) feta cheese, crumbled (omit for vegan option)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tahini
- I small lemon
- ! green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Cut the squash in half through the root. Scoop put and discard the seeds.
- Place the cute squash on a lined baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes or until fork tender. Season the inside with salt and pepper and set aside.
- While the squash is baking, prepare the filling. In a small pan over medium heat, toast the couscous for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add 125 ml of water to the pan and stir well. Cover the pan and set aside for 5-7 minutes, for until all the water is absorbed and the couscous is cooked. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan over medium low heat. Saute the onion for 3-4 minutes, or until translucent and softened. Add the Saha Tandoori Marinade, the chickpeas, and the tomatoes and let simmer for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. remove from the heat and let cool. Fold in the couscous.
- Fold in the spinach and feta. Divide the filling between the four halves of squash. Return to the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until warmed through.
- While the stuffed squash are reheating, combine the tahini with the lemon juice and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer the warmed stuffed squash to a plate and drizzle the tahini sauce over top. Sprinkle with the slice green onion and serve.