Thai Red Curry Pot Stickers
PRODUCT USED: Thai Red Curry Pot Stickers™
ATTRIBUTES: Vegan, Vegetarian
PREP TIME: 20 minutes; COOKING TIME: 5-7 minutes
SERVES - 4-6 (24-30 dumplings)
- 1 cup (250 ml) shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250 ml) carrot, shredded
- 1 cup (250 ml) bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plus two tablespoons (155 ml) green onion, thinly sliced
- 24-30 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) canola oil, divided
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Thai Red Curry Base™, divided
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and thinly slice the caps. Also thinly slice the bok choy and green onion and shred the carrot with a box grater.
- Add two tbsp of the oil to a large pan over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and bok choy and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the veg has softened. Stir frequently.
- Add the shredded carrot, green onion and 1/4 cup (60 ml) of the Saha Thai Red Curry Base. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until softened and well combined. Set aside to cool.
- While this filling cools, measure the ingredients for the dipping sauce.
- In a small stainless steel bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, toasted sesame seeds and the remaining 1/4 cup (60 ml) Saha Thai Red Curry Base and the two tbsp (30 ml) sliced green onion. Stir until well combined.
- Cover a large flat surface with parchment paper. Lay out the wonton wrappers leaving approximately two inches between each wrapper. Set a small bowl of cold water near the work surface.
- Working one at a time, place approximately one tbsp (30 ml) in the centre of each wonton wrapper.
- Using the tip of your finger, apply water to the edge of each wonton wrapper one at a time. Once you have applied the water, fold the edges of the wrapper together press firmly to seal.
- In a large pan (preferably non stick) over medium high heat, heat the remaining two tbsp (30 ml) of canola oil. Working in batches, fry the dumplings for two to three minutes per side, or until browned.
- Arrange on a plate or platter and serve with the dipping sauce.