Vegan Tandoori Tacos
ATTRIBUTES: Vegan, vegetarian, healthy, quick
PRODUCT USED: Saha Tandoori Masala
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Saha Tandoori Marinade
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 14 oz (398 ml) can refried beans
- 8 medium corn tortillas
- 2 limes
Preheat the oven to 400ºC. Cut the mushrooms and red pepper into 1/2 thick slices. In a medium bowl, combine the tandoori marinade and the oil oil and mix well. Toss or brush the mushrooms and peppers with the tandoori and oil mixture and then spread them out on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake the mushrooms and peppers for 17-20 minutes, or until softened.
- While the mushrooms and pepper are baking, thinly slice the red onion, avocado and jalapeños for garnishing.
- Toast the tortillas over a flame burner or in toaster oven and then spread the refried beans (warm them up in the microwave for 30 seconds) over the centre of the tortilla, and lay the mushrooms, peppers, avocado, onions and jalapeños over the beans.
- Serve the tacos with lime wedges.