Anyone who thinks vegetarian dishes can’t be rich and hearty needs to try this recipe! This is a warming and satisfying soup makes for a great meal all on it’s own, or scale down the portions for a terrific appetizer.
- 8 cups (2 L) cauliflower florets (approximately 1 large head)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) potatoes, peel and chopped (approximately two medium sized potatoes)
6 cups (1.5 L) water or stock
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Saha Caribbean Curry Base™
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) balkan style yogurt (optional)
- Fresh sprigs of cilantro for garnish
Combine all of the ingredients except the salt in a medium sized pot over high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Working in batches, transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Be sure not to overfill your blender! Return the pureed soup to the pot and bring to a simmer. Season with the reserved salt to taste. Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with a spoonful of yogurt and a sprig of cilantro.