Thai Green Salad with Fresh Herbs & Spiced Cashews
Thai Salad with Fresh Herbs and Spiced Cashews
PRODUCT USED: Saha Thai Green Curry Base
ATTRIBUTES: Vegetarian/Vegan, Ready in 30 minutes or less
PREP TIME: 10-15 minutes; COOKING TIME: 10-12 minutes
The herb flavours of mint, basil and green onion marry beautifully with the fragrant lemongrass and spices in our Thai Green Curry Base. Combined with the sweetness and complexity of the spiced cashews, this is the perfect salad when you're in the mood for something fresh and crunchy!
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen shelled edamame, thawed to room temperature
- 2 cups (500ml) baby kale, lightly packed
- 2 cups (500 ml) baby spinach, lightly packed
- 3 small bell peppers or 1 large bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot
- 2 medium green onions
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh mint leaves, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh basil, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cashews, raw
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Saha Thai Green Curry Base, divided
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) canola oil
- 2 tbsps (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 325C. In a large bowl, combine the cashews with 1 tbsp (15 ml) of the Saha Thai Green Curry Base and toss until well coated.
- Cover a sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper and spread the cashews out over it.
- Roast the cashews for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Julienne (cut into thin strips) the carrot and bell pepper. Thinly slice the green onions and tear the mint and basil leaves.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the remaining Saha Thai Green Curry Base with the oil and lime juice and shake vigorously, or until well combined and emulsified. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except the cashews and toss with the dressing until well coated.
- Divide the salad into smaller bowls, top with the roasted cashews and serve!