SAHA'S COCONUT CURRIED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP (with walnuts if you like them).
PRODUCT USED: Saha Caribbean Curry Base
RECIPE ATTRIBUTES: Vegetarian/Vegan, Gluten free, no added sugar, vegetables, starter, main course
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cooking Time: 20 mins
1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1 cup coconut milk
1/3 - 1/2 cup of Saha Caribbean Curry Base (depending on how spicy you like it)
1 tbsp canola or other cooking oil
4-5 cups water
1 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
1 tbsp yogurt or sour cream (optional)
1. Peel and chop the butternut squash into large cubes.
2. Heat oil in a pot/saucepan to medium high. Add the butternut squash cubes and cook until soft.
3. Add Saha Caribbean Curry Base and stir through the squash. Let cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk and stir mixture until curry base and coconut milk have combined.
5. Add water, cover, and bring to a boil. Transfer in small batches to a food processor and blend until smooth (or use a hand blender, up to you). Season to taste.
6. Serve with a yogurt/sour cream and walnut garnish.