You’ve surely experienced a mouthwatering Caribbean roti filled with an aromatic curry nestled inside. Now you can recreate that earthy, warm, and complex curry at home with this base. Simply sauté any meat and vegetables, add the base, some stock, water, or coconut milk, simmer and serve over rice, or wrapped in a Caribbean daal roti. Great in the slow cooker as well!
During the nineteenth century, the Caribbean saw a huge influx of people from India. With them they brought spices and cooking methods which have over time been beautifully integrated into mainstream Caribbean culture. In this curry base, these East Indian spices are married with the more traditional elements of Caribbean cuisine to produce a complex and aromatic mixture. These flavours work beautifully with any meats, seafood or vegetables when slow cooked with stock and/or coconut milk. Equally satisfying when served alongside rice or wrapped up in a roti.
- Brown 1/3 lb of any protein in a pan over medium heat.
- Add vegetables and sauté until tender.
- Add 1/4 cup of the curry base and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 3/4 cup of any mixture of stock or coconut milk and stir until well combined.
- Boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the protein is cooked through.
- No Additives, Preservatives, Starches, Gums, or Stabilizers
- Gluten Free
- No Trans Fat
- No Cholesterol
- No Saturated Fat
- Low in Total Fat
- Low in Total Calories
- Vegetarian & Vegan Friendly
- Easy To Follow Directions
- Can be prepared at home in 30 minutes or less
- Each jar can make two meals for four people
- Locally made in Toronto
- Made with mostly fresh, local ingredients from Toronto-based suppliers
- Additional recipes available online