Butter Chicken is perhaps one of the most popular dishes arising from Punjab, India. It is best described as chicken simmered slowly in a rich, tomato based sauce with cream, butter, and aromatic spices. It can also be prepared with soy, paneer, or vegetable dumplings and is served alongside basmati rice or naan.
Directions (serves 2-3):
1) Saute 1 lb (450 g) of chicken or any protein of your choice in a large saucepan for 4-5 minutes over medium-high heat.
2) Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the base and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of cream and stir until combined.
3) Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 2-3 mins. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tbsp (15 mL) of butter.
4) Serve over rice or with naan.
NOTE: Vegan recipes can substitute cream & butter with cashew paste, water, coconut milk, and/or almond milk.
- No Additives, Preservatives, Starches, Gums, or Stabilizers
- Gluten Free
- No Trans Fat
- No Cholesterol
- No Saturated Fat
- Low in Total Fat
- Low in Total Calories
- Vegetarian & Vegan Friendly
- Easy To Follow Directions
- Can be prepared at home in 30 minutes or less
- Each jar can make up to 6 servings
- Locally made in Toronto
- Made with mostly fresh, local ingredients from Toronto-based suppliers
- Additional recipes available online