NOTE: Product is available exclusively online, and at selected Farmer's Markets, Trade Shows, & Special Events.
- Saha Savoury Scones
- Curried Quinoa Salad With Kale & Currants
- Braised Brisket With Spiced Rice
- Roasted Vegetable & Curried Quinoa Bowl
- Spiced Zucchini & Lentil Fritters With Cilantro Lime Yogurt
- Chana Puffs With Spinach & Feta
Channa Masala or Chole is a dish from the Indian subcontinent common to both India and Pakistan. It is best described as chickpeas slowly simmered in a tomato based sauce with aromatic spices. It is traditionally served with basmati rice, naan, or a fried bread known as bhatura.
Directions (serves 4-6):
1) Drain and rinse one can (540 mL) of chickpeas and lightly mash them with a fork.
2) In a saucepan combine chickpeas, 1 cup (250 mL) of the base, and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of water.
3) Stir until well combined and bring to a boil.
4) Reduce heat and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and chickpeas are tender.
5) Serve alongside rice or naan.
- No Additives, Preservatives, Starches, Gums, or Stabilizers
- Gluten Free
- No Trans Fat
- No Cholesterol
- No Saturated Fat
- Low in Total Fat
- Low in Total Calories
- No Added Sugar
- Vegetarian & Vegan Friendly
- Easy To Follow Directions
- Can be prepared at home in 30 minutes or less
- Each jar can make up to 6 servings
- Locally made in Toronto
- Made with mostly fresh, local ingredients from Toronto-based suppliers
- Additional recipes available online