- Thai Curry Video
This is one of the lesser-known Thai curries, and is deserving of a much closer look. What makes it unique to the others is the addition of warm, earthy spices such as cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, and nutmeg. This aromatic combination produces a curry that is rich, sweet, and floral. Traditionally cooked with lamb, potatoes, and coconut milk, but you can make it your way!
The massaman curry draws on a wider range of dry spices and shows the influence of India on Thai cooking. Traditionally, this dish is slowly simmered to thicken the coconut milk and intensify the flavours. Historically, these curry pastes took hours to prepare from the freshest ingredients possible. We saved you that time and effort by providing a ready-made product that retains the freshness and quality of the more traditional preparation. This base is then combined with coconut milk, simmered with meat and vegetables and served with rice. With its complex spice blend, this product produces an interesting alternative to the more traditional red and green varieties. This sweet and rich curry is traditionally made with lamb and potatoes and finished with chopped tomatoes, cilantro and roasted peanuts.
- Brown 1/3 lb (150 g) of any meat or soy of your choice.
- Add any vegetables of your choice to the pan and sauté.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) of curry base and 3/4 cup (180 mL) of coconut milk to the pan and stir until combined.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 1-2 mins.
- Serve over rice.
- No Additives, Preservatives, Starches, Gums, or Stabilizers
- Gluten Free
- No Trans Fat
- No Cholesterol
- No Saturated Fat
- Low in Total Fat
- Low in Total Calories
- Vegetarian & Vegan Friendly
- Easy To Follow Directions
- Can be prepared at home in 30 minutes or less
- Each jar can make two meals for four people
- Locally made in Toronto
- Made with mostly fresh, local ingredients from Toronto-based suppliers
- Additional recipes available online