Tandoori Masala originates from the Indian subcontinent and is a combination of aromatic vegetables and fragrant spices. It is mixed with yogurt and used to marinate a variety of meats/proteins that are traditionally grilled or baked in a wood or coal-fired clay oven to obtain a characteristic smokey flavour. Serve with rice or naan.
1) Preheat oven or barbeque to 375 °F (190 °C).
2) Combine 1/4 cup (60 mL) of marinade and 2 tbsp (30 mL) of yogurt, and mix well.
3) Marinate 1 lb (450 g) of skinless bone-in chicken (or any protein of choice) for at least 30 minutes (up to overnight) in the mixture.
4) Grill, bake, or roast for 35-40 minutes, or until well browned and cooked through.
- No Additives, Preservatives, Starches, Gums, or Stabilizers
- Gluten Free
- No Trans Fat
- No Cholesterol
- No Saturated Fat
- Low in Total Fat
- Low in Total Calories
- Vegetarian & Vegan Friendly
- Easy To Follow Directions
- Can be prepared at home in 30 minutes or less
- Each jar can make two meals for four people
- Locally made in Toronto
- Made with mostly fresh, local ingredients from Toronto-based suppliers
- Additional recipes available online